Saturday 9 February 2013

Day 2: Fats Domino - This Is Fats Domino! (1956) & This Is Fats (1957)

DOUBLE POST!

That's right, this one's gonna be a double post because Fats released two similarly titled albums a year apart from each other and the "1001..." book got the tracklisting wrong so I thought i'd listen to them both and give y'all my impressions :)


                                                            This Is Fats Domino! (1956)

This was a great album from Fats. It had some of his biggest hits, such as Blue Monday and Blueberry Hill. I enjoyed his upbeat rock and roll songs and his slower blues-y songs. I give this album 5/5. Tracks I enjoyed the most: Blueberry Hill, Blue Monday, Poor Poor Me & The Fat Man's Hop.


This Is Fats (1957)

I couldn't ask for a better Fats Domino album to listen to for my second taste of his music. This album was superb. Fats' music is full of passion and joy on this album, as well as the obligatory sentimental blues songs. From 'The Rooster Song', to 'You Know I Miss You' each song was a gem to behold and I enjoyed it completely. A particular favourite of mine on the album was 'Thinking Of You' which is catchy, upbeat and fun. I give this album 5/5. 

Tracks I enjoyed the most: The Rooster Song, As Time Goes By, Thinking Of You & You Know I Miss You.   

No comments:

Post a Comment