Friday 8 February 2013

Day 1: Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours (1955)



I thought this Sinatra album was lovely. Frank's voice is smooth and calming and you always feel relaxed listening to Ol' Blue Eyes croon. In The Wee Small Hours is a concept album, the theme being sadness, melancholy and losing the one you love. Frank's marriage to Ava Gardner was failing around the time the album was released and critics say that explains the sad tone to this album. You won't find any big exciting tunes the likes of 'My Way' or 'New York, New York' here but I do love some good sad songs and thus enjoyed this album very much. I rate it 5/5.

Tracks I enjoyed the most: In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning, Last Night When We Were Young, Dancing On The Ceiling & Young At Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment