Friday 22 February 2013

Day 10 - Marina And The Diamonds - Electra Heart (2012)


I know that this album is not in the '1001 Albums...' book but I figured i'd review every album I listen to, not just the critically adored ones. 'Electra Heart' was the first album of Marina's i've heard and suffice it to say i've never heard of her before her single 'Primadonna' became a hit. I loved that song and decided to give the album a go. This is an amazing album. Her songs sound old, yet new. It's like a mix of pop from the 50's - 80's with modern electro beats. Her lyrics are fun, campy and dark and naughty at times. I recommend this album to everyone. 5/5.

Tracks I enjoyed the most: Primadonna, Homewrecker, Hypocrates, Starring Role, The State Of Dreaming & Fear And Loathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment