Sunday 31 March 2013

Day 33 - The Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)


This was my third helping of The Beatles and so far it's my favourite."Rubber Soul" offered a different, more exciting view of The Beatles. In a break with their traditional pop rock they decided to sing more folksy and this was the first album of theirs where they wrote all the songs. This album offered more hits like "Drive My Car", "You Won't See Me", "Nowhere Man" and "In My Life". Early hints of their future hippie music are present in the song "The Word". The final song "Run For Your Life" was pretty messed up, with the story being about a man who can't accept his ex wants to love other people and threatens to kill her. Very dark for the Fab Four. 5/5.

Tracks I enjoyed the most: Drive My Car, You Won't See Me, Nowhere Man, Think For Yourself, I'm Looking Through You & In My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment