Monday 11 March 2013

Day 23 - Phil Spector - A Christmas Gift For You From Philles Records (1963)


It's Christmas! Just kidding, it's only March but this album from Phil Spector is next on the list so I gave it a listen. "A Christmas Gift For You..." features a bunch of black singers from the 60's singing secular Xmas songs and I thought it was great :). I've always enjoyed girl groups and The Ronettes and The Crystals proved to be very good. I've never heard of Darlene Love before this but I think she's great. Bob B Soxx and The Blue Jeans were good too. This album was fun, entertaining and had me bopping along to it and wishing it was time for Santa Claus to pay me a visit. 5/5.

Tracks I enjoyed the most: White Christmas, Frosty The Snowman, (Christmas) Baby Please Come Home, Winter Wonderland, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus & Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment