Sunday 10 March 2013

Day 22 - Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1963)


I've never been much of a Bob Dylan fan. I've always thought his voice sounded weird and his songs, aside from "Hurricane" and "Blowin' In The Wind", were pretty bad. Then I heard this album and it changed my entire perception of him. "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" is an album that demanded social upheaval in the 1960's, an end to war, to racism, to poverty. Bob's iconic protest song, "Blowin' In The Wind", is here as well as a bunch of other anti-war songs, and sad love songs like "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right". Bob's lyrics on this album are thoughtful, hard hitting and contain important messages. He also displays a nice sense of humour in a few songs, especially in "I Shall Be Free. 5/5.

Tracks I enjoyed the most: Blowin' In The Wind, Don't Think Twice, It's All Right, Bob Dylan's Blues, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall & Masters Of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment